Sunday, March 02, 2008

Contra Dance & Pedi Wards

Well, I will confess that last night was... FUN!

Who knew that Contra Dancing could be fun. It's basically line-dancing, with live musicians and somebody calling out the moves. Thank god, there is a walk through of the moves and then the dance happens. Though, for the last dance there wasn't a practice session, and lets just say we didn't go out with a bang.

We probably did a dozen or so dances. And the other cool thing was that you change partners after each dance. Being the newbie last night, I got to dance with most of the guys. So, the dance part itself was fun (requiring constant concentration). It was also a really cool group. It was a GLBT-Gender Free group. I was the second-youngest guy! It was like a mini-pride.

I judged people based on how they did the twirl portion of the dance. Some were gentle and slow, and some liked to whip around. When you do the twirl portion (I forget the real dance term for it), if you don't watch your dance partner's eyes, you get wicked dizzy!

I may have to go again to the next one.

I'm call tomorrow on the Pedi Ward. It has been 18 months since I was last on the pediatric ward. EIGHTEEN months... I have floated in a day or two to round on kids, but 18 months is a bit of time to be away. Though, I am looking forward to it.

Anyway, going to try and make this a productive day.