Sunday, March 16, 2008

At Risk

I am at Risk.

I am at risk of fucking away a perfectly good post-call Sunday afternoon...

It is now 1036 am, and I can't decide what to do. Paralyzed by guilt of the multitude of tasks that are piling up (emails, bill, phone calls, clinic notes, taxes, laundry-almost out of clothes, groceries-down to oatmeal ) that I could care less about completing, and the competing desire to get out a live a bit (go for a drive, a hike, find a new coffee place).

14 days of work in a row.. I haven't been out of a 5 mile range and I am going stir-crazy.

Trying to fall asleep last night in the call room I just kept envisioning going home to a nice mountain cabin, reading the NY Times on a wooden patio and drinking damn good coffee.

sleep, run, gym, play, work.
what to do
what to do

where have my fun friends gone?